- Mayor is a representative of the town and its supreme executive body. The office of Mayor is a public office. The Mayor’s period of office terminates on the taking of an oath by a new Mayor. The mode of electing Mayor is subject to a separate law.
- The office of Mayor is incompatible with the office of:
- Member of Municipal Parliament,
- municipal employee,
- authorised representative of a budget-funded organization or organization receiving contributions from the budget established by the municipality,
- Chairman of Regional Government
- principal employee of a public administrative body, in accordance with a separate law.
- summons and conducts meetings of Municipal Parliament and Municipal Council and signs their resolutions
- executes municipal administration
- represents the town toward government bodies, legal entities and natural persons,
- decides on all aspects of municipal administration which are not reserved for decision-making of the Municipal Parliament by the law or municipal regulations,
- performs custody of the municipal flag and seal
- uses municipal insignia
- awards Mayor’s Prize.
- Mayor is an authorised representative of the town in its property relations and in employment relations toward the municipal employees; it is an administrative body in administrative-legal affairs.
Source: Statutes of the Poprad Town